The Trustees wish to recruit two 6th form students to act as ambassadors representing the Marjorie Willis charity on a voluntary basis with the purpose of raising awareness about the work we undertake and supporting fundraising.
What will an Ambassador do?
What Skills / Experience will an Ambassador need?
This is a varied role and you can expect to complete at least 3 of the following activities:
- Create publicity and promotional material.
- Arrange publicity and fundraising activities for the charity
- Assist the trustees achieve their annual fundraising targets.
- Liaise with school staff and leaders concerning events and activities
- Represent the charity at promotional and fundraising event
- Raise awareness of the Charity through talking to students, friends and family and on social media
- Be a confident speaker with excellent communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Reliable and professional demeanour
- A personal and friendly manner
- Flexibility to be called upon when needed
- An honest and trustworthy nature
- An ability to use your own initiative and to work unsupervised
What we expect from you
- Ensure that your school studies are a priority and you maintain your progress.
- Always represent the best interests of the charity
- Meet with the trustees on an agreed (probably monthly) basis
- Raise any issues or concerns with the trustees as soon as they occur
- Observe any safeguarding requirements.
(The Trustees are also governors and adhere to the schools safeguarding policy and principles).
Should you wish to apply, then please complete the application form - download the PDF form.
Your application should be supported by a member of staff.
You will need consent from your parent / guardian.
We will review applications and invite a shortlist for a short interview.
What will the charity will do for you
If you are accepted for the role we will:
Provide experience of working for a charity
Provide support and coaching
Provide a reference
Provide the resources needed to succeed in the role, including:
- Induction to the charity and the role
- Payment of pre-approved, reasonable out-of-pocket expenses
- Access to the trustees, who will support you and answer any queries you have.
- Provision of an email address for charity communication
- Access to our secure shared file storage system for collaboration
- Access to our online graphics design system for creation of publicity materials